Information or data on your computer could be lost, if:
- The hard drive in your computer fails
- The data on your computer is corrupted for a variety of reasons
- Your computer is lost or stolen
- Your computer is in a fire or other environmental event
- A virus infects your computer and deletes or corrupts your files
Consider the inconvenience of having to recreate all of the information stored on your computer – how much of it is important to you, your education or professional career – and how much of it might actually be irreplaceable.